What factors should be considered when seeking a provider of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy?
When seeking a provider of hyperbaric oxygen therapy:
- Inquire about the chambers they use – how old are they? what kind are they (mono or multi place chambers…reference earlier blog regarding the difference between the the two types of chambers)
- Ensure the provider is conducting routine maintenance on the chambers – are service records available?
- Hyperbaric technicians on staff should be certified hyperbaric technicians – with additional certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- The Center should have a safety Director on staff who has gone thru the Safety Director Course
- Find a Center that is accredited by one of the leading accrediting bodies such as the Joint Commission or the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society