According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), “some people who have been infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 can experience long-term effects from their infection, known as post-COVID conditions (PCC) or long COVID.
Post-COVID conditions may not affect everyone the same way. People with post-COVID conditions may experience health problems from different types and combinations of symptoms happening over different lengths of time. Most patients’ symptoms slowly improve with time. However, for some people, post-COVID conditions may last months, and potentially years, after COVID-19 illness and may sometimes result in disability.”
A new study published in Scientific Reports provides new hope for long-term recovery. The study included patients with reported post-COVID-19 cognitive symptoms such as inability to concentrate, brain fog, forgetfulness and difficulty recalling desired words or thoughts. In the published study patients treated by Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) had significant improvement in their global cognitive function and more cognitive improvement related to their specific damaged brain regions responsible for attention and executive function. Significant improvement was also demonstrated in the energy domain, sleep, psychiatric symptoms and pain interference.
Studies, Review, Articles
- The Effect of Hyberbaric Oxygen Therapy On Myocardial Function in Post-COVID-19 syndrome patients: a randomized controlled trial
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy for Long COVID and Post COVID Vaccine Symptoms
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy improves neurocognitive functions and symptoms of post-COVID condition: randomized controlled trial
- Hyperbaric oxygen treatment of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) respiratory failure – Paul G. Harch
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy for the treatment of long COVID: early evaluation of a highly promising intervention