Jane Brown Sparks: 57 years old, mother of two boys
My name is Jane Brown Sparks. I am from Newfound Lake which is located in Bristol NH. My dear friend since childhood offered me the opportunity to use HBOT for the past 3 years. As much as I wanted to do the treatments, the fear of the commitment and the unknown variables kept me away until my life and health was at “crisis level” mid February this year.
I am a Woman in long term Recovery, which means that I have not found it necessary to use alcohol or mind altering drugs since February 5, 2009. My Recovery from Substance Misuse has been extremely gratifying on many levels, however challenging at times as well. Recovery has been progressive with the use of many pathways, including 12 step meetings, prayer, meditation, yoga etc. However, approaching my 9 year anniversary this year it was evident that I was still suffering from many symptoms from my overall abuse to my body over a lifetime.
Some of my glaring symptoms were:
- Foggy brain and vision,
- inability to sleep more than 2-3 hours,
- chronic fatigue and need for at least 1 nap per day to make it through the day,
- cravings for unhealthy foods and behaviors that were detrimental to my overall wellbeing,
- depression and anxiety,
- low energy,
- the inability to execute simple everyday functions,
- unhealthy blood work,
- aches and pains in my joints and overall body.
My boys are grown and I have a Granddaughter and a Grandson on the way—it was imperative that I needed to let go of my job and current lifestyle and whole heartedly commit to the HBOT and an overall awareness to my total Wellbeing.
The first couple of weeks were challenging as I was settling in to the treatments and constructing an overall lifestyle change.
Some of the changes I incorporated, to get the most out of my hyperbaric oxygen treatments were:
- Healthy clean eating
- Daily supplements
- Journaling with gratitude
- Daily attendance at 12 step meetings
- Listening to my body and resting when needed
The most beneficial immediate result from the treatments was the ability to sleep peacefully through the night. If I woke I could easily get back to sleep. With this consistent sleep and clean eating I was able to begin to heal on a very deep cellular level…I could feel it!!!
As I just finished my 40th dive yesterday, I feel renewed in so many ways! Completing this 2 month – 40 dive protocol in itself is a true testament to the benefits of this treatment, as it was extremely difficult for me to finish any project and certainly not a 2 month commitment. I also worked diligently on reading and studying a book by Deepak Chopra that I have been trying to finish for a couple years….
- Sleep through the night and no longer need a daily nap
- Over all body aches and pain relating to inflammation are gone
- My thinking is much clearer
- I can focus at the project at hand
- My vision is great, I can see long distance now with no glasses (I understand this is only temporary)
- My attention span has greatly increased
- I no longer take depression/anxiety medications
- I no longer need Benadryl to get to sleep at night
- My cravings for unhealthy foods and behaviors that are not promoting my wellbeing are for the most part nonexistent.
- I am able to listen to my body with awareness of its needs.
- My overall awareness of my total well being is acute and allows me to make better choices
- My awareness and clear thinking is helping me to take a closer look at some of the deep rooted issues associated with my alcohol and drug misuse over my lifetime.
I would definitely recommend HBOT to anyone looking to enhance their Recovery from the physical, mental and emotional damage from Alcohol and drug misuse.
The deep cellular healing that the treatments have provided; have allowed my body to heal on a daily basis. As I transition home in the next few days, I am confident that the healing will continue and to lead me on this new path of awareness and overall total well being.
My overall well being has allowed me to refocus on my recovery with the clarity and energy I so desperately have been searching for.
Lastly, it is with deep gratitude, that I thank my dear friends for opening their hearts and home and allowing this transformation healing time for me. The Oxygen Oasis team, Vicky, Jason, Brian and Melissa, each made me feel part of the family as soon as I walked in the door. Each, in their own way have played an integral part on my healing journey. You will all walk with me in my heart each and every day.